To learn even more about MME visit the District Website.
Enrich your child’s life by joining the PTA and helping us improve our school and our community! Being a PTA member keeps you connected to events on campus, gives you a voice in how funds are spent to enhance your child’s education, and create special events & programs that positively impact all students and the school community. Even if you are not able to regularly attend meetings, the money raised by the PTA pays for student enrichment programs, field trips, classroom supplies, computers and many, many other things. For example, in the 2017-2018 school year, PTA funds & volunteers were responsible for and/or supported the following Fundraisers, Programs & Events:
If you are reading this webpage, then you are benefiting from one of the many MME Parents who have volunteered their time and talents for the betterment of our school community.
Click here for a full list of Leadership Positions for 2018-2019. Below is the list of OPEN Leadership Positions…again, without volunteers to lead/co-lead each one, these programs are in danger of being cancelled in the next school year. If you are interested in filling any of these positions next year, or know someone who might be interested, please reach out to the PTA President, Christa Millstein, at email@example.com.
Mustang Run/Walk-A-Thon Co-Chair: This position will assist with our annual fundraiser.
- Partner with the vendor Apex to set-up the 2-week program (provide them with info they need, set up money transfer system, etc.)
- Work with Apex & Principal to schedule a Teacher Huddle, Pep Rally, Fun Run, and daily classroom check-ins
- The main activities will be during the 2-week period between October 15 and October 26:
- Meet the Apex Athlete on Day 1 and show them where to park their truck & the Circulo Room, and familiarize them with the campus
- Communicate to parents, teachers, Apex Athlete during the 2-week program; handle questions/issues
- Prepare for the fun run day (label backpacks, get sharpees, etc.)
- Be available on fun run day to mark backpacks, collect backpacks, and do general problem-solving
- On the day after the fun run, work with Apex to distribute pledge-raising prizes
- For 3 weeks after the fun run, monitor for checks/cash turned into the school office, and work with Apex to complete collections and reconciliation
Hospitality – Spring Conference Week Teacher/Staff Food – This person will plan the daily meals & create sign-up lists. On each day, they will purchase missing/needed items, set-up & clean-up each day’s food in the Staff Room. The Fall dates are November 9-16, 2018 & the Spring dates are March 18-22, 2019.
Hospitality – End-of-Year Teacher/Staff Appreciation Luncheon: This person will plan & execute the food, decorations, and invitations for the final teacher/staff appreciation for the year. This event will be on Wednesday, June 12, 2019 in the MPR.
Crocker Art Ark Lead: This person will coordinate the Crocker Museum Art Ark reservation & scheduling on the MME Campus. They will work with the principal to schedule classroom visits and family open house.
Student Talent Show & Art Gallery – This person will determine the show date and auditions/rehearsal schedule, run rehearsals, and run the talent show. They will also determine guidelines/timeline for artwork submission, display artwork, and communicate show/gallery details.
Mark Your Calendar
- Oct. 22 (Mon) Intercambio 8:45-10:00 am in MPR
- Oct. 25 (Thu) Mustang Run & Walk A Thon (Program begins Oct. 16).
- Oct. 25 (Thu) Intercambio 8:45-10am in MPR and 6-7:00 pm in the MME library.
- Oct. 26 (Fri) Deadline to submit Box Tops for Education
- Oct. 27 (Sat) Work Day at the MME Garden 10am-2:00 pm
- Oct. 28 (Sun) Work Day at the MME Garden 10am-2:00 pm
- Oct. 29 (Mon) Intercambio 8:45-10:00 am in MPR
- Nov. 01 (Thur) Intercambio 8:45-10am in MPR and 6-7:00 pm in the MME library.
- Nov. 2 (Fri) Dia de los Muertos Celebration MME Lunch Table 3:15 pm
- Nov. 5 (Mon) No School Monday-Elementary Teacher Workday
- Nov. 7 (Wed) PTA Meeting 7:00 pm MME YCFF Room M-1
- Nov. 8 (Thu) Steve’s Pizza Fundraiser
- Nov. 8 (Thu) Intercambio 8:45-10am in MPR and 6-7:00 pm in the MME library.
- Nov. 12 (Mon) No School Monday- Veterans Day Observed
- Nov,9-16th MME Parent/Teacher Conference Week & Early Dismissal
- Nov. 9-16th Scholastic Book Faire
- Nov. 19-23th Thanksgiving Week No School