Yolo Center for Families is a program of Empower Yolo, a nonprofit agency that has an office and center at MME – the Marguerite Montgomery Elementary Yolo Center for Families (MME YCFF) – which is located in Room M-1 and is open Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays 8:30am to 4:00pm and Tuesdays 12:30pm to 4:00pm. The phone number is 530-759-2159.
Click here to access current and past issues of the Yolo Center for Families E-Newsletters where you will find information about what is happening at both sites (MME & D Street).
The MME YCFF is open to ALL families and children who attend the MME campus as well as Davis Community Members. The MME YCFF offers free services such as:
- Case Management
- Help with Low-Income Housing Search
- LIHEAP Applications
- Clothes (*based on donations)
- Help Me Grow Child Development Screening (for Children Ages 0-5)
- Rapid Rehousing
- Application Assistance: Cal-Fresh, Medi-Cal, Cal-Works
- Immigration Information
- STEAC Referrals: Food Closet, Energy Bill Assistance, Eviction Prevention, etc.
- Yoga: Mondays @ 10am (instructor teaches in Spanish, but everyone is welcome)
- Zumba: Tuesdays @ 8:30am in the MPR
- Spanish Book Club: Wednesdays @ 9am
- Cafe y Merienda: Fridays @ 1:30pm (Come meet MME Staff & Parents while doing fun crafts & activities)
- Yolo Food Bank Produce Distributions: Every 2nd & 4th Friday of the month @ 9am – until food runs out. **Please bring your own bags.
- Food Packs for Kids: Every student (ALL GRADES) that is in the Free/Reduced Lunch Program qualifies for a food pack every Friday. Please pick up an application in the school office or in M-1.
For more information, visit us on the MME Campus in room M-1 or call the center at (530) 759-2159.
Parents may also visit the YCFF D Street House, located on 411 D Street, in Davis.
Visit yolofamilies.org for a list of our other locations and services provided throughout Yolo County.