PTA Classroom Representatives help facilitate communication among the MME PTA, administration and the classroom families. They serve an integral role in helping families to get more involved in our school and to get their voices heard. You can consider being a co-representative with a second parent, which is a great way to get to know another parent in your child’s classroom.
Why become a “Class Rep”? Here are just a few reasons:
- You’ll become more informed about things happening in your child’s class and school.
- You’ll get to know families in your child’s class as well as other MME families.
- You’ll learn more about our school and have your voice heard in MME matters.
- You’ll be contributing not just to your child’s education but enriching the school experience of all students at MME.
Classroom Representative duties include:
- Communicating updates and reminders about MME and acting as liaison between the PTA, parents, teachers and principal
- Assisting your teacher with a classroom art donation to the MME annual auction, as needed
- Coordinating class gifts for your teacher, as desired (traditionally before winter break and before the end of the school year)
- Although not mandatory, attendance at PTA meetings is encouraged (see benefits above!)
If you are interested being the PTA Representative for your child’s classroom, please fill in the PTA Classroom Representative form in English or Spanish and turn it into the MME School Office. For more information, contact the Committee Chair for the PTA Classroom Representatives Beth Hogan at email@example.com.
Thank you for supporting MME!