Mark Your Calendars for the most important fundraising event of the year – The Annual Auction is Saturday, April 14th, 2018! About 70% of our annual PTA budget comes from this event, and there are several ways we ask our teachers to support the Annual Dinner & Auction:
1. Attend the Auction…and encourage your student’s families, and your own family & friends to attend as well. Teacher, Specialists, and Front Office Staff tickets are FREE, and you may reserve a ticket by printing out and completing the Auction Reservation Form in English or Spanish and turning it in to the school office in the Auction Reservation Box. Please identify on the form that you are a teacher/faculty member. Para-Educators, significant others, family, and friends are welcome to attend our Auction at the regular ticket price – for more information on tickets and prices go to Fundraising -> Annual Dinner & Auction -> Reservations & Tickets.
One of our favorite auction traditions is having the teachers join us in greeting and mingling with parents by volunteering either at check-in or at one of our auction games. If you would be willing to take a shift in one of these (or any other) role, we would be most grateful! Please sign-up at http://www.
2. Classroom Art Project Contribution make up an important part of the fundraising effort, provide a way for every student and classroom to participate in supporting the auction, and also create opportunities for parents and school supporters to purchase lifetime keepsakes made by their own children. Because of the involvement and participation of the kids in these projects, the Classroom Art is usually very popular.
- With the students in your class (and PTA Classroom Representative and/or other parents, if you would like), plan and create an art project to be donated to the Silent Auction where the highest bidder will take it home.
- Note: Classroom-specific art items are fun, but are attractive to a limited number of potential auction buyers so consider projects that will appeal to adults who do not necessarily have kids in your classroom as well as those that will hold sentimental value for a select group of parents.
- The PTA will provide a stipend up to $60 to help with materials/supplies for the art project. Simply submit receipts for reimbursement using the PTA Expense Voucher in English or Español.
- We encourage completion of the Classroom Art Project shortly after the winter break, but it must be turned into the office by Friday, January 21st, 2017 at the latest in order to put them on display and get them catalogued on the website.
- Click here for some examples of previous Classroom Art Projects.
- If you have any questions, contact our Classroom Art Project Chair Amy Habicht at email@example.com.
3. Teacher Outings Donations
Consider sponsoring a teacher outing for two or more students. These outings have been quite popular in the past, as students love visiting with their teachers outside of school hours while sharing a fun activity!
- The teacher outings will take the form of sign-up parties. That is, you pick an ACTIVITY, a DATE and TIME, and a set number of SLOTS for participation, and parents can sign their child(ren) up to participate in that outing for a set price. The more participation slots offered, the more students can sign up, and the more funds raised for MME!
- Note: Teacher outings lend themselves particularly well to teachers “partnering” with each other, thus distributing the effort it takes to put on an outing and hopefully making it a bit easier on each of you. If two teachers sponsor an outing together, they will get $80 for expenses ($40 per teacher).
Click here for some examples of previous outings (in past years, outings were auctioned off to the highest bidder instead of having a set price so please ignore the pricing shown).
- Please send your ideas & details (including brief description of the outing, a dates & time, and number of “slots” available) to our Teacher Outings Chair Beth Hogan at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 21st, 2017 at the latest in order to put get them catalogued on the website.
4. Fund-a-Need Requests
- During the Live Auction portion of the event, we request cash donations to fund a particular tangible item. It is requested that the teachers, staff, and principal start thinking about a request that would be important to you.
- In previous years, Fund-a-Needs included ceiling-mounted projectors in each classroom, neck microphones in each classroom, outdoor learning facilities, and resupply of the Reading Room Library.
Thank you for all that you do for our students & for supporting the Auction!