The MME PTA Annual Auction –
Friday, April 24th 5-10 pm, Veterans Memorial Center, Davis, CA
Mark Your Calendars for the most important fundraising event of the year – The 18th Annual Dinner & Auction is Friday, April 24th, 2020! Over 50% of our annual PTA budget comes from this event, and there are several ways we ask our teachers to support the Auction:
- Attend the Auction…and encourage your student’s families, and your own family & friends to attend as well. More information will be provided shortly about how Teachers, Specialists, Paraeducators, and School Staff can get their tickets and participate in this terrific event. For more information on tickets and prices go to Fundraising -> Annual Dinner & Auction -> Reservations & Tickets.
- Classroom Art Project Contribution makes up an important part of the fundraising effort, provides a way for every student and classroom to participate in supporting the auction, and also creates opportunities for parents and school supporters to purchase lifetime keepsakes made by their own children. Because of the involvement and participation of the kids in these projects, the Classroom Art is usually very popular.
- With the students in your class, plan and create an art project to be donated to the Silent Auction where the highest bidder will take it home.
- Note: Classroom-specific art items are fun, but are attractive to a limited number of potential auction buyers so consider projects that will appeal to adults who do not necessarily have kids in your classroom as well as those that will hold sentimental value for a select group of parents.
- The PTA will provide a stipend up to $60 to help with materials/supplies for the art project. Simply submit receipts for reimbursement using the PTA Reimbursement Form.
- We encourage completion of the Classroom Art Project as soon as possible, but it must be turned into the office by Wednesday, March 25th at the latest in order to put them on display and get them cataloged on the website. If you have any questions, contact Bekah Tsai (email@example.com).
- Click here for some examples of previous Classroom Art Projects.
- Fund-a-Need – more information will be coming on our Fund-a-Need idea. We’re excited to share it soon!