PTA does its very best to secure volunteers for each classroom for a variety of important programs – which can be challenging in some of our classrooms. Your help to identify and persuade individuals is much appreciated as well!
Círculo/Reading Rodeo – PTA does its very best to identify 5-7 parent volunteers from each classroom to:
- Reading Rodeo & Círculo are individualized and leveled take-home reading/book exchange programs funded & coordinated by PTA volunteers, with support and guidance from teachers, for all Kinder – 3rd Grade students in the Traditional (Reading Rodeo) and TWBI (Círculo) programs.
- PTA does its very best to identify parent volunteers from each participating classroom to handle the daily exchange of books. Best case is that 5 volunteers are identified – one for each day of the week – with an alternate or two. The time commitment is ~1 hour per classroom per day for the book exchange.
Classroom Representative – PTA does its very best to identify 1-2 parent volunteers from each classroom to:
- Help communicate updates and reminders about MME and act as a liaison between the PTA, parents, teachers and principal.
- Assist the teacher with a Classroom Art Donation to the MME Annual Auction, as needed.
- Serve a key role in helping the teacher organize parent volunteers for supplies drives (e.g. need glue for the classroom) and/or events & activities throughout the year (e.g. Valentine’s Day Pizza Party).
- Encourage student participation in Teacher Appreciation Week (usually the 1st full week of May).
- Coordinate class gifts for your teacher, as desired (traditionally before winter break and before the end of the school year).